Air's Choices or Opinions on anything & anyone!
When he's not on his 360's LIVE...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Monster House is a hit!!!!! (Mini Review)

Walking into this film I knew a Trick (Cars) or Treat (The Hedge) was to be had. Having Robert Zemeckis The man who brought me my favorite childhood film of Back to the future) and Steven Spielberg (a man responsible for far too many good experiences in film and entertainment), I knew this was collaboration. Now the Treat was knowing this and that my showing was in RealD (3D). The Trick I feared was it was not going to help a boring film, no matter who had made it. Yet without adding suspense to this exciting happy ending, for me, I was treated to a film of incalculable artistic expression and wonderfully geeky screenwriting. For anyone looking to feel young for just a second, this is it. Not sense The Goonies (another Spielberg handling) have kids been shown this oddly recognizable. The kids act like kids, even if they are from the 80s. The emotions are true as are the imaginative setups and plot. In the end the film never needed the RealD (3D) effect, but the novelty made the Treat that much better. Kids laughed, Parents chuckled and I felt my eyes water at the thought that this was going to end but I, along with everyone in the room, was not going to allow this to end without savoring every surprised wink. Now enough of my take on this surprised treat. See the trailer to the real ride of the summer that brings back the golden 80s HERE!!! But do catch it in RealD!!!!!! it makes the candy that much sweet.

Grade: A +

1 Comments:

Blogger Air's Air it Out Station said...

This movie is great and much sweeter in 3D. This is true!

4:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home